Tuesday, March 29, 2011

always looking for a bargain

OK, I am going to say it right here, right now! I am a bargain shopper!! No, you will never catch me wearing a pair of $200 jeans even though my very bestest swears they will change my life. I just can't do it! But what I can do and will continue to do is enjoy my bargain shopping! In fact, you can expect to find me at neighborhood garage sales and circling the isles of Goodwill whenever possible to find treasures. Or sometimes my bargain shopping takes us on ADVENTURES (I just love that word).
Like this past weekend when we headed out of town to pick up a $3 bale of hay. You see, Samantha, Maxine and Lizzie are going to need lots of hay for their coup and our community garden is also going to need some as we are planning to build up rows (more on that later). So we were off to country to escape the noise, enjoy the views and be together as a family for an hour before the craziness of homework and nightly routines set in. Ahh, just thinking about that drive relaxes me.
Did you know 500cu in of hay in the store costs $11?
When I think about all this bargain shopping I am reminded on how excited my kids are for the garage sale season. You see, not only do we teach our kids to recycle for our compost pile (yes handsome husband I will work on remembering to compost our napkins) we are also teaching them the value of recycling toys and clothes. Really why pay $10 for a bakugan when you can buy it for 50 cents at a yard sale and have $9.50 to buy something else or save for the future? My kids love it and have made wish lists for this summer's sailing. :)

Speaking of bargains, I heard today that Coastal Farm and Ranch is going to offer 5 free chicks this weekend if you purchase food. Bummer our city only allows us to have three feathered family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment