Wednesday, June 15, 2011

silly chicken fact ...

So here's the story... We are in the process of moving. Yes, I said moving! Because of this our lives are a bit turned upside down right now. I am told this is totally normal when you have to buy a house, sell another, end a school year, participate in dance recitals, work and the list goes on and on.. Right about now you have to ask me well where exactly is the "silly chicken fact" in all that complaining? So here it is:

Did you have any idea that there could possibly be a "silly chicken fact" in this picture? Well there is and I only learned it after I about had a heart attack when I  checked on the ladies. I found Lizzie in this exact position on the ground and struggling to get up. I ran into the house to tell my handsome husband that in fact something was WRONG with Lizzie and through all the craziness of the current state of our lives I was sure we were going to loose her. I mean loose her before those beautiful blue eggs could even appear?! Let's just say that the tragedy was already played out in mind. So the handsome husband on mine runs outside to check on her and after seeing her turns to me and laughs. Uh, Kelly the chickens do this as a way to clean themselves and keep the bugs off. Oh! Phew!! Tragedy diverted and the ladies are just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment