Wednesday, May 4, 2011

togetherness....

One early morning I opened our shades to see something that actually took my breath away.
Love

And for a couple of months I have seen these two fly together in our backyard making beautiful mourning dove music, but I had never seen where they were living or would choose to make their nest until yesterday. And it was yesterday that again my breath was taken away.
Building a home
While the mama dove was busy creating her nest and what looked like to me to be preparing to lay her eggs, the daddy dove sat patiently with a watchful eye above her. This is what I love most about the mourning doves, their togetherness in life. That from the moment they decide they are "it" for each other they work together to make their home, feed each other, protect one another and their babies. In fact, I can remember last year watching the mom leave the nest for periods of time and the dad quickly hopped on the eggs to keep them warm and safe.

I look forward to watching these two work together this spring to raise their babies through the dirty window above my kitchen sink. That same sink that has seen a million dirty dishes from the family that my handsome husband and I are raising together in the beautiful place we call home.

1 comment:

  1. Mourning doves are such a beautiful example of love, peace and togetherness! Love these pictures Kelly, thank you.

    ReplyDelete