Wednesday, April 6, 2011

attention...

I think I am going to be finding myself writing quite often the words "I never thought" because again, I have to say it! I NEVER THOUGHT chicks would want attention, but they do!! In fact, I almost didn't realize this switch was happening.

We are all so used to entering the door and being greeted with a wagging tail and leaps of love from our doggies. But who knew chicks would also insist on love and attention when you hadn't given it to them in many hours. And in fact if you try to ignore their beautiful chirps of love you might just find them perched on top of their home ready to walk the grounds to find you!

Let me tell you, this wasn't an isolated event! It turns out that the chicks sleep until I come downstairs to start breakfast. Then once they see me or someone else from the family they try to leave the box to play with us. They don't do this unless we are close to their box. Seems they like us.

I guess everyone even chicks like attention. In fact, on our way back out the door that night my daughter noticed that our neighbor had a bouquet of flowers delivered to her house. We all thought that was so neat and then kept our night moving forward. At the end of that night my son came to me and said "Mom, I made something for you." Well, I have to say that the attention he gave me that night melted my heart! :)
Origami Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment