Saturday, April 9, 2011

it is really funny in the newly expanded chicken house ....

OK, I had to share the hilarious happenings in the newly expanded chicken house (still under my counter). Let me tell you that feathers are flying! Yup, feathers! New beautiful feathers are forming on Lizzie, Maxine and Samantha and with that comes the loss of those beautiful, soft, downy feathers.

So here is what happens, the chicks flap their wings and run around to stir up the little downy feathers that have fallen off.   When those feathers fly the chicks start to argue (in the best chick way) over who gets to catch the feather in the sky. It is hilarious to watch them peck at each other and insist "that feather is mine, back off!" OK, I added the back off part, but the "that feather is mine" is TOTALLY happening in the newly expanded chicken house under my kitchen counter.

See for yourself:

No comments:

Post a Comment