Monday, April 4, 2011

one cute chick ... let's make that three cute chicks..

It is hard to believe that it has been almost 2 weeks since our little feathered family members came home. They definitely continue to entertain us.

We are sure Samantha is going to be the cutest of the bunch with her black and white feathers. She has a boyfriend and I should probably be jealous because he is also my handsome husband. Let's just say when he is around she is quick to hop up on his hand and look deep into his eyes. She doesn't seem to like me much, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Samantha


Oh what can I say about Lizzie other than she is quite the character. She can fly for short spurts and if it didn't look so silly I would post the picture of her first flight. She loves her wings and attention from everyone.
Lizzie

And then there is Maxine. She is the walker of the family. If you put your hand or even your foot in their house she will walk right up. Not much stops her once she is on the move which makes for some silly times especially when she stops on top of your head.
Maxine

The family seems to be getting along well, but I can tell that a new/larger home is going to be needed soon. In fact I wonder each morning if I will come downstairs to find them walking around the house. That is definitely going to be a funny morning. 

To learn more about our feathered family members I thought I would check out a really neat place in Portland. Here is the link: http://www.pistilsnursery.com/chicken-keeping





No comments:

Post a Comment